I’m a big fan of Living On Purpose, and 2018 I vowed that this year would be the best year! No more sitting around watching, no more trying to fit in or conform. No more holding back or playing small. No, this year I was going to be heard, bold, happy, free and full of life. Here are five ways I’m going to make this year SPECTACULAR and so can you!
- Get Some Rest: I didn’t realize how tired I was until one Saturday I dozed off and slept for 7 hours straight. When I woke up my husband and kids was still living, happy, fed and smiling. I laughed because I had plans to go out with the family, come home do my daughters hair, wash clothes, you know typical Saturday afternoon stuff, but I didn’t get to do any of that and I didn’t feel guilty, I felt refreshed. I learned that it was okay to take time and do nothing but rest. In order for our bodies to function properly we need a good 7-8 hours of sleep each and every night, so to make sure I stuck to a routine I set an alarm on my phone 30 mins before bedtime to alarm me to get ready for bed. It may sound childish but if I’m not alarmed I will be climbing in bed at 2am. Many nights it’s not easy to get 7-8 hours, but I know if I want to be productive the next day, I need all the hours I can get. No more pulling all-nighters unless it’s once or twice a week, but not every night like I use to years ago. And to think I spent precious hours awoke on Facebook or Instagram looking at people’s curated lives. HA! Repeat after me, “it’s time to cut that out in 2018!” You, can’t be Spectacular with bags under your eyes.
- Pray and Mediate: What separates us from the stressed-out and the chilled-out is our spiritual lives. If we only pray over our food or when the traffic is heavy and we don’t want to be late to work, then we have some serious praying to do. Each and everyday, we should spend quiet, uninterrupted time, praying and meditating. I can tell the difference in my attitude when I pray vs. when I don’t pray in the morning. I’m antsy and no amount of caffeine can change my mind and heart like prayer and mediation can. Be willing to make adjustments to your schedule so you can have time to pray so you won’t feel rushed. Keep in mind it’s a dialogue not a monologue, so after you praise, sing, talk, and pour out your heart to God be willing to Listen. Wait for an answer, for peace, for a heart lift and a clear conscience. Be transparent with God. Yes, he knows everything about you and I, yes the hairs on our heads are all number minus the ones that fell out, or we yanked out, LOL, but he loves when we open up to him. Hold nothing back no matter how shameful, awkward, or terrible it is to you, even if you feel lost, angry, scared, fearful tell your heavenly Father! If you’ve been depending on yourself or people instead of God it may be time to recommit your life and give him full control. Let’s be Spectacularly Spiritual.
- Read and Write: When was the last time you read a good book, or a passage of scripture? Did you find it so good that you wanted to share it with someone, but didn’t know how they would receive it? I’ve been there so many times and I’ve learned that maybe it was just for me, or maybe it’s for someone I’ve yet to meet, so I’d write it down so I can remember it, or recall it when it’s time to share. I write a lot, which is why I could kick myself when I stopped blogging. I can fill an entire journal with words, affirmations, scriptures or something I’ve read, heard or saw throughout the day. Journaling gives you an audience, and that audience is you and God. I’m sure if we were to journal our feelings we wouldn’t air all of our business on Social Media. You can’t have a SPECTACULAR year with deep rooted issues lurking in your heart and mind. They will be all you talk about and before you know it people will fall off, delete and block you not just on Social Media but in real life because people can only take so much. This is not how God wants us to live, he says, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28 NIV). I say talk to God more than you talk to anyone. God should know the intricate details of your life, and if you’re having a hard time talking to God then it’s time to write out those feelings and find scriptures that says what you cannot utter. If you’re having a hard time dealing with life and love it’s time to sign up for Love Coaching with me. Each and every week you will receive one-on-one time with me and tools to help you overcome any challenges, no matter if you’re single, engaged, married, or divorced I have a plan for you.
- Get Moving: I know you want to skip over this one, but don’t! I don’t have a one-size-fits-all exercise for you. NOPE, most days I’m good with a walk up to my kids school, other days I’m getting my heart pumped with my exercise app, or a YouTube video. The other night I was running from Zombies with an app called Zombie Run, LOL! Whatever works for you, JUST DO IT! I’m not telling you to go out and join a gym, or buy a bunch of products what will sit on your shelf and collect dust. NO, I’m telling you to find what works for you and commit to it, and if you slack off, try again the next day, but don’t give up. They say “summer bodies” are made in the winter, so if that’s the case please watch what you eat. Yes we want to indulge in warm drinks and sweets, but remember that too much of anything can lead to weight gain, and those pounds may be hard to work off with a lack of sleep and motivation. You’ll be screaming SUMMER WILL GET WHATEVER BODY I HAVE!!!!!!! LOL, Noooo, it will get the healthiest version of ourselves. There’s been days where I’ve tried to squeeze into a bikini and had to go buy another one because too much was hanging out in the front and back, hahaha! Bae said I looked good, but I looked like an exploded can of biscuits. So in JANUARY, in the middle of winter I’m telling myself and you out there to get moving. Start in the house where it’s warm, before you know it you’ll be pulling off layers. Oh and never underestimate the power of SEX. For my married couples Sex is a great exercise, try it twice a day, five days a week if you can hang. 🙂
- Surround yourself with SPECTACULAR PEOPLE: Have you ever been around someone who made you feel like you could fly an airplane? Have you been around someone that made you feel like you couldn’t even fly a kite? LOL, YES, and YESSSSSSSSSS! The vibe is totally different right! In 2018, watch who you hang around. If you’re trying to climb a mountain you might want to surround yourself with someone who doesn’t mind sweating, and pushing their body to the limit and is encouraging. Please don’t climb a mountain with someone that’s going to say they are too tired, annoyed by the bugs, the amount of people on the hike, the weather, the sweat on their face, and constantly have to know what’s the point of climbing this mountain. YOU KNOW WHAT, GET AWAY FROM THAT PERSON! Love them, YES, encourage them, YES, but don’t expect them to be about that life. I refuse to spend 2018 trying to explain to people my vision, and why I’m choosing to try new things, push myself, take risk, cut my hair, and go in a sauna naked, yes I did, click the link to read all about it! You cannot spend your year explaining what you’re doing and why. A spectacular person will understand that you had to do what you did for you, and will celebrate you, not criticize, ridicule and judge you. Surround yourself with people who will tell you the truth in love and not try to disguise hate as love or constructive criticize. Girl Bye, I can diffidently tell the difference. God put us on this earth to create a beautiful life, full of purpose, power and possibilities and in order to be YOUR BEST SELF, you’re going to need to get tough skin and seek a tribe that’s right for you. A great way to find SPECTACULAR PEOPLE is by joining a Facebook Group that interest you. I have one online group called SLAY SISTERS! You’re more than welcome to join us gals for encouragement, events and much more!
Cheers to a Spectacular 2018! Be sure to click follow, as I will have new blog post every Tuesday!